Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good Grief

I was already stressed today about having to send Kristen home and of course the day just got worse. Ryan fell down the stairs AGAIN. We didn't even know he was back upstairs. We were watching him and then turn around to see where he is and we hear thunk, thunk, thunk. Not sure how high he was up. He's trying to come down the stairs now and it just freaks me out. He has a huge bump on his head and he's been favoring his right leg all day. He cried for a long time. We called his doctor and she said take him to urgent care. Good grief. I called a nurse friend and she said to give him tylenol or motrin and see if he would nap. He had calmed down by this time. So we gave him motrin and he went right to bed. He is crawling like a champ, like nothing is wrong. But when he tries to stand up it takes him a bit and then he won't put any weight on the right foot. So I don't know if it's his foot or hip or leg. We touch everything and pull a bit and no tears or signs of pain. I'm thinking he's got a bruise somewhere. We might just end up taking him to the ER for X-rays. Just for peace of mind.

Kristen had her friends over again this morning to hang out before we had to leave. Of course they are more important than mom and her brothers. For once we are loaded and on the road on time. I couldn't believe it. I didn't ask David to speed up once. We get to the airport at 2:00 and go to the counter. I wait and wait and wait while the ONE lady checks in the guy before us. We get up to the counter and she takes all our information and prints everything out and takes Kristen's bag and puts it on the conveyor. But then she tells me there isn't enough time to process her and she'll have to take the 5:00 flight to Atlanta. I am so mad at this point but say fine we'll wait. Then she gets the manager. He says the flights to Pensacola are all booked for the night and she has to leave TOMORROW! OMG! I was furious. He tells me I needed to be here at least 30 minutes before the flight but they prefer an hour. I told him I was there at 2 for her 2:45 flight but had to wait 20 minutes for the ONE lady to process the previous person. He was surprised that I was there in the time frame and annoyed that the lady sent her bag through. There is no getting it back. So it gets to make the 2:45 flight but not Kristen. I have been through the processing with her 3 times now, it doesn't take long at all. But they made excuses. So we drove back another hour and a half home just for me to do it again tomorrow morning alone. Oh, and David is taking tomorrow off too so that I don't have to Ryan with me. He doesn't do well in long car rides. JT will be at daycare. So I am thankful to have her with me one more day (actually she was originally supposed to leave on the 13th-but that's another story) but it's $$$ to have to drive another 3 hour round trip. Plus we have to get out of the house at 7:30 a.m. It's a huge task to wake up a 12 year old girl and 10 am much less 7 am!!

Hopefully tomorrow goes better. I hope to have a better update tomorrow. But it just means I have another day to be all emotional over her leaving.

No comments: