Friday, July 11, 2008

Poor Ryan

What a day my boy had. Ryan has been constipated for a few days, both boys actually. Today was no better. He gets all red faced and grunts and pushes and nothing. So tonight after dinner I went to get him a supository (sp?) He so did not like it. Plus David, Kristen and JT didn't help. The kids were asking what are you doing to him! And David, just held his legs up for me, he refused to put it in. After a few tries it went in and started working. Ryan was crying and moving around. We walked him and held him and within a few minutes, he was red faced and grunting and pushing and wha-la...poopie! It wasn't much but it was a bit softer than the others that he has managed to get out the past two days. He went to bed and is sleeping like an angel. Tomorrow we' re going for prune juice! We'll try mixing it with some apple too. He's started taking juice now because he loves his brother's sippy cups! So he thinks he's getting away with something, but nope, Mommy made it just for him! Sorry for the poop story but we have little ones and this is what happens at 10 months!

But the worse thing of all was his fall today. I am waiting for all these bruises to go away so we can get pictures and he has the biggest fall of all. I have been waiting for this to happen and sure enough, today it did. He fell down the stairs. We heard thump, thump, and CRY! I picked him up and held him. Nothing broken and as much as I hate his crying I was glad to hear it. Silence would have been...well I don't want to think about that. I pick him up, run to the kitchen and start rinsing his mouth because he's got blood coming out. Well to my surprise that calmed him right down. He liked it. I looked him over and he has rug burns on his belly and neck but no bruises. At least not that I can see. I'll be checking over again tomorrow. I put him down because he was all wormy in my arms and where does he go, right back to the stairs! That's my boy! Well, I made him cry again, but this time because I put the gate up. Which will now stay up unless someone is willing to follow him like a hawk! I can't stand the thought of that happening again. Once was enough with JT and Ryan has had his one fall!!

Tomorrow is Kristen's 12th birthday! I can't believe it's been that long. We'll have her girlfriends over and grill some burgers and dogs. Then Sunday we are off to Busch Gardens. More on that after it all happens.

No comments: