Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mourning the loss of a friend

I just got a call from my friend Angie that a classmate and friend was shot to death today. Tony was just the nicest guy. He was always friendly in High School. Everyone's friend. Then I knew his wife and kids from church. Although we didn't hang out he was still a friend. My ex, Shaun is really good friends with his brother and step-father. So we were always around his family. Last I heard he was working for Okaloosa Gas but it turns out he became a cop. He was 2 days shy of his 3rd anniversary.

Just makes you remember how quickly life can be taken from you. We take so much for granted. Who knows if we have a tomorrow. Be sure to tell those you love how much you love and appreciate them.

Here's the link incase you're interested. It's the top story. Especially since the area doesn't lose cops in the line of duty. It's very sad. I'm surprised how much this is affecting me. Tears are just flowing and I haven't seen or talked to him in over 5 years!

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/one_9616___article.html/sheriff_office.html

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love you, Sis....I'm hugging you from afar!