Friday, July 18, 2008

Boys are sick

Goodness! Ryan has been constipated for over a week now. I have tried everything. Apples, prunes, fresh fruit, juice, even supositories. Nothing is working. He has had no diet change so I don't get why this is happening. He tries and tried and still nothing happens.

JT is on day three with a fever. This morning it comes with his tummy hurting and some "wet farts" as JT calls them. So, of course my doctor is out of town this week on vacation. So I have to hope to get into the backup all the way in Fredericksburg. I hate going out there. But I'll do what I have to for my boys. With it being a weekend, I don't want to go to the ER. I was hoping JT was (is) a viurs and would just need to take it's course. But now, I want to be sure.

So, I'll be getting both boys checked out today. Hopefully, David will be able to get off and help me out. JT is a big time "Daddy's boy" and that's who he wants when he is sick these days. My little Ryan still wants his mommy though!

I'll update when I know more.

Ok, took the boys. Spoke to a nurse on the phone and she got all the information to forward to the doctors office. The receptionist called me and made an appointment for 10 am. I was very impressed so far. I got ahold of David and he wanted to go too. We all got ready and went to the office. We fill out some paperwork and get right in. The NP comes in and it all went down from there. She spoke very loud and fast. She rushed through all the questions and gave each boy a fast look over. She said JT simply has a cold and it will need to run it's course. I told her I felt that was the case but was worried because of his recent ear infection. She said the ears were fine. Well good. Then with Ryan she said his diet is the issue. Well I guessed that too, but how do you force an infant to drink juice and eat food? I litterally have to force baby foods down his throat sometimes. Here I was thinking I was doing everything I could for him and she made me feel like it was all wrong and I am contributing to the constipation. Oh, and then that was the end of our visit. She gave me a list of foods to give Ryan (which I guess I will be forcing him to eat) and sent us out. We NEVER saw the doctor. David and I were very disappointed with the visit, but relieved that our boys are ok. I'll let our Dr. know about our visit once she returns on Monday. Off to grocery shop now for fruits and veggies!

1 comment:

Denise said...

sounds like a ton of fun! I hope it gets better for all of you. Poor boys :(