Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hello Again

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Well, I guess I'm saying sorry to me! I enjoy this so much but just haven't been in the mood. I have a lot of pics to share. We went to Utah to visit David's parents for their 40th anniversary. It was a complete surprise that was in the works for a year! It was great to have David's family together. It had been five years since the last time and now there are three grandsons to the addition.

It's odd for me because I grew up with my family and lived near them until I met and married David. I of course get to see my family more because of Kristen. I go home every Christmas for almost 2 weeks to visit her which obviously means the rest of my family and some friends as well. But even now it's only once a year. When we were in Hawaii, I saw them a bit more with the summer travel. I miss them more now that I live so close but feel so far away. And now that I'm closer I feel they should make the trip to see me. But I'm done having babies so no one makes the effort to come! That's ok, I know everyone has to work and it's hard in this economy! Heck, I'm dreading the visit at Christmas now because of the expense.

Airfare went up $40 roundtrip to FL in a day. I was honestly thinking it might go down a bit with gas dropping but nope, airlines dropped flights instead so cost went up again. I wouldn't mind driving if Ryan was better in the car. I know JT can do the ride with minimum complaints but Ryan can't even make it to the airport (an hour and a half) without complaining. SO, David and I have to decide what's more important. A 14 plus hour drive with a night at a hotel and Ryan miserabe the entire trip, which makes me insane and hard to ride with, or an expensive but quick 4 hour plane ride to FL. Guess time will tell!

Enough of my ramblings. Just wanted people to know I'm still here and I hope to get pictures from the trip up soon. You can always visit my sister in laws blog to see them first though!

Happy Halloween too!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Luke asks for J.T. and Ryan all the time! He sees a van like you rented and says "Momma, JT!" He pulls your family picture down off the entertainment center and tells us who you all are. The phone rings and he rushes to "JT!" When I tell him that it's not JT, that he's in Virginia, he then starts all over with Ryan's name. It's rather amazing!